Many of our physical therapists have completed advanced certifications to provide you with the best possible treatment for your sports injury and condition. We focus on injury prevention, evaluation, treatment, and performance enhancement for physically active individuals. Our goal is to return athletes back to their sport or activity safely. We are proud to coordinate with physicians and athletic trainers in local high schools, colleges, and professional teams to ensure our athletes are safe and healthy.
Advanced Certifications Many of Our Therapists Hold:
In What Ways Can Sports Physical Therapy Help Athletes?
- Board Certified Sports Clinical Specialist (SCS)
- Board Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Sports physical therapists are highly skilled in the evaluation of the athlete and active individuals, including acute or chronic musculoskeletal injuries or post-operative conditions.
Treatment & Rehabilitation
– The sports physical therapist designs and implements programs for the management of neuromusculoskeletal injuries in clients of all ages and physical abilities. Sports physical therapists will perform periodic function assessments to assist in a safe return to activity. Areas of deficiency in flexibility, muscular strength, posture, balance, endurance, and mechanics can be outlined in a specific treatment regime.
– Sports performance enhancement programs help increase the performance, health, and well-being of athletes. Follow-up evaluations can determine if training program changes and modifications are needed.