The Pre-Encounter Specialist is responsible for the verification of benefits, maintenance of assigned work queues, and plan of care tracking within Physical Therapy at St. Luke’s. Ensures notification of completed verifications, as well as any associated concerns or issues to the appropriate clinic and Billing Manager.
- Accurately verifies insurance benefits and completes verification summaries including completion of insurance verification forms.
- Accurate and timely completion of assigned Epic work queues in pre-registration, charge review, and claim edits.
- Adheres to productivity and quality standards set forth by Administrative Leadership.
- Answers the phone calls in a timely manner, assists or directs the caller to the appropriate person or department.
- Responsible for weekly completion of Plan of Care tracking report.
- Documents, tracks, and communicates any concerns regarding any work queue and/or insurance verification problems to the Billing Manager and Facility Director.
- Attends department required meetings as scheduled. This includes team huddles as well as department wide meetings. Must be able to report in person if needed.
- Maintains active credentials to all assigned payor portals.