A patient centered, multidisciplinary program with the focus to maximize functional independence and improve overall quality of life. Therapy can be initiated pre or post amputation as needed. The rehabilitation team includes highly experienced physical and occupational therapists, a multitude of prosthetic vendors and prosthetists, and specialized doctors who work towards providing superior, quality care to all patients.
Preprosthetic therapy can be initiated prior to getting the prosthesis and then continued through the prosthetic training phase. Plan of cares vary based on the person from 2 to 4 times a week as needed.
- Transfer, balance, and gait training
- Home safety evaluations/cognitive assessments
- Self-care and homemaking retraining including personal prosthetic management
- Phantom limb syndrome and residual limb desensitization
- Fall prevention
- Psychosocial interventions for body acceptance, depression, and/or anxiety needs
- Detailed exercise program to improve strength, endurance, and balance
- Individualized prosthetic training and continual assessments to optimize fit
- Interdisciplinary communication with Prosthetists, Primary Physician, & Physiatrist
- Community re-entry & return to work